The nature of threats in communications is a step-wise progression of how real the potential of the threat is to how real the individual is who authored the threat, and therefor making the threat so real it must be responded to.
Here are 7 points of observation on escalation from potential to highly probable threats. This and many other psychological, observational tools serve our WWPro teams in protecting our clients at an elite level.
- Is there anger, rage or frustration in the communication
- Evidence of personalization
- Specificity of threat
- Does the author possess the technical knowledge to carry out threatened actions
- Does the author possess a strong commitment-to-cause psychology
- Do ancillary incidents occur simultaneously as the threatening communication
- Escalation in communication increased frequency